This weekend saw the start to one of the most well-attended music and arts festivals in the world – Coachella. Attendees included Cara Delevingne, Sienna Miller, Selena Gomez, Kendall Jenner and Alessandra Ambrosio to name a few.
The dress code for the festival is laid-back, effortless style but dressing for Coachella is anything but effortless. It’s probably as stressful as dressing for the Oscars and takes hard work and time to pull off the perfect boho look. Style at these events can make or break a reputation.
Here’s our pick of the 10 must-have items for a summer festival:
1. Playsuits: Purple Bandeau Aztec Print Playsuit from New Look | Rhea Daisy Print Strappy Swing Playsuit from Boohoo | Band of Gypsies Playsuit from Topshop | Orange Hawaiian Stripe Print Playsuit from River Island
2. Sun Hats: Jennifer Ouellette Daisy Sun Hat from Barneys | Island Girl Straw Fedora Hat from Forever 21 | Striped Fedora Hat from Tory Burch | Black Wide Brim Floppy Hat With Chain from Target | Natural Plaited Floppy Sun Hat from Debenhams
3. Sunglasses: Illesteva Leonard 2 leopard-print round-frame acetate sunglasses from Net-a-Porter | Kendel cat eye sunglasses from Sole Society | Whitechapel White Leopard with Blue Mirrored Lenses from Illesteva | Gasoline Glamour Lady Sings The Blues Shades from NastyGal| With Love From CA Rubberized Hearts Sunglasses from Pacsun | Linda Farrow + The Row Round Oversized Acetate Sunglasses from Moda Operandi
4. Summer dresses: Floral Free Fit & Flare Dress from Forever 21 | Scarlette Embroidered Hem Dress from Forever New | Dolce & Gabbana Printed Cotton Dress from Barneys | Bellatrix Floral Skater Dress from Lashes of London | Evaw Wave Filomena Summer Dress from Zalando | SEA Cheesecloth & Lace Dress from MatchesFashion | Madam Rage Blue Lace Waist Shirt Dress fromNew Look | Tee Shirt Dress from Delias
5. Shorts: Medium Denim Shorts from Mango | Daisy Print Denim Shorts from Accessorize | Rag & Bone Jean Boyfriend Shorts from ShopBop | J Brand Vixen Distressed Denim Shorts fromHarvey Nichols | Dark Wash Cuffed Shorty Shorts from Aeropostale | April All Over Tie Dye Print Shorts from Boohoo
6. T-shirts, crop tops and/or bustier tops: Normal Is Boring Cage Back Tank from Body Central | Cool Cats Boxy Tee from Forever 21 | Dolce & Gabbana Top from The Corner | Mara Hoffman Iris Blue Bustier Top from Coggles | Mimmi Tee Printed from Monki | Daisy Crop by Band of Gypsies from Topshop
7. Bags: AEO Factory Canvas Tote Bag from American Eagle | Michael Michael Kors ‘Large’ Grab Bag from Nordstrom | Cool Girl Striped Backpack from Forever 21 | Proenza Schouler PS Large Backpack from Barneys | Gala Backpack from Monki | Rip Curl Mataram Across Body Bag fromZalando
8. Funky Jewellery: Venessa Arizaga Merida By Night Black-Plated Crystal Bracelet from The Outnet | Boho Wrap Bracelet from Sole Society | Feminine Red Artificial Gemstone Dangle Earrings from Prinkko | Luxury Fashion Ring from Yoox | 1980′s Valentino Oversized Graduated Necklace With Ruby Faceted Beads from 1stdibs | Maria Francesca Pepe Tribal Spike Ring fromOtte NY | Mixit Silver-Tone Yellow Shells Chandelier Earrings from JC Penney | Stone Armor Ring from Sole Society | Silver Plated Large Black Stone Necklace from John Lewis
9. Comfy shoes: Valentino Studded Textured-Leather Espadrilles from Selfridges | Two Tone Lambskin & Toile Espadrilles from Chanel | Christian Louboutin Zero Problem Espadrille Wedge Sandals from Barneys | Federal Leather Flat Sandals from ASOS | Lucas Flat Sandals from Tory Burch | Gone Boho Strappy Sandals from Forever 21
10. Bikinis: Flounce Bandeau Top PINK from Victoria’s Secret | Mara Hoffman Strappy Bandeau Bikini from Les Nouvelles | Charisse Navy Spot Underwired Tankini Set from Fashion Union| Kelly Brook Navy Pink Rose Print Swimsuit from New Look | Dolce & Gabbana Polka Dot Print Bandeau Bikini from Net-a-Porter | Aloha Print Floral Bikini from Topshop